Wednesday, September 15, 2010

School

School started for me on Monday, at least the Japanese class did. I had to take a Japanese placement test to figure out what class I should be in. There are 5 levels with another very advanced level. I go placed into level 3 which I am both nervous and happy about. Level three is probably where I should be, but in Japan this class is going to be a lot harder and I am going to have a lot of work to do. Right now we are actually review some of the stuff that we went over at the end of last year, so we will soon be learning a lot of new material.

I have about three hours of Japanese every Monday, Tuesday, Thrusday, and Friday. The class is all in Japanese too. This is very different from what class was like at E-town. I also get a lot of homework and quizzes. I had a quiz the second day of class. Luckily the teachers are very nice (I have a different teacher for each day of the week too) and my class is really small, only 7 people.

Next week electives start. I am not sure what I am going to take yet. Next week is more of a trial where you can go to a class to see what it is like and then decide whether or not to take it. I am thinking of taking a Japanese culture class and a Shintoism class. Clubs will also be starting soon. I might join Aikido, a form of Japanese martial arts, with some of my friends, and the photography club.

Even with classes and clubs I still have a good amount of free time to do things. Today I have to get my Alien Registration card, after I go with my Okaasan (host Mom) to take our kitten to the vet. Later today I am going to Karaoke with a lot of people. Some time in late September or October I may go hiking or rock climbing with some of my new Japanese friends. My Okaasan wants me to go to a pottery class with her next Thursday, go with the family to the zoo, and go to a Halloween party at her English school.

I have so much going on! But it is going to be a lot of fun.

Be back later

Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment