Saturday, September 11, 2010

Here! Part 2!

I have safely gotten back from my awesome 9 day backpacking trip across honshu and am now with my host family. Sorry I haven't been blogging much, I did not have my computer with me and access to another computer was limited.

Anyway, I shall fill you in on my journey thus far.

I made it to Japan with little problems, I made all of my flights. I also met up with other BCA students who will be in Japan. I stayed in a dorm for a few days before heading out on the Honshu trip. So it was back on a plane and off to Hiroshima.




















In Hiroshima we stayed at a pretty nice hotel for about four days. Over those days we went to the Genbaku Dome (Atomic Bomb Dome) (left), Miyajima (torii on the right), and even went on a nice hike up Mt. Misen (view from top is below) in Miyajima.


I also did some more hiking up another near by mountain too. A lot of hiking was done in Hiroshima.

It was then time to go to Kyoto and Nara (Kyoto tower below)

In Kyoto and Nara I went to Byodoin Temple (below left), a local tea shop, Todaiji (where the largest Buddha in Japan is located) (below right), Inari (thousand torii) (below below), and tons of other famous shrines and temples.















 



 In Kyoto I also did some exploring of my own and found some pretty cool places while walking through the city. After Kyoto we then traveled to Osaka.

I will save Osaka and the rest of my trip for another post. This one is getting pretty long, and my laptop battery is about to die.


Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment