Saturday, September 25, 2010

Mostly Pictures

Well I've made it through my second week of classes, although I only had class twice this week so it wasn't really that hard. I just uploaded some pictures from Otaru and other places and I'd thought I"d post a few.

First up is a picture of my campus. I only have one good one so far, I'll have to take some more soon. The buildings on the left are the classroom buildings and the building on the right is the toshokan, library. The Campus itself is actually very small, smaller than e-town. But it has almost 2x the number of students. It gets very crowded and lunch is crazy.


As you guys know, on Saturday I went to Otaru with some friends. Well now I have some pictures of the place. On the left is Otaru canal, a famous waterway in Otaru. On the right is a picture of the town.

After walking through the town we went to Mt. Tengu. We saw some chipmunks and a great view from Otaru.


On Mt. Tengu I also saw Hananade Tengu, a kind of fairytale demon that is like Pinocchio. We also went to Le Tao to have some very fancy cake.

On Thursday it was the Autumnal Equinox, a day that means the start of fall and a time when dead ancestors are said to return home. I went to a pottery class that day with my host mother and brother and a friend from E-town, Mallory.



My Okaasan also taught me a simple form of Ikebana, flower arranging, ... but the cats destroyed it. In the left picture is Koko on the left and Kotaro on the right. Kotaro is a kitten who follows me around everywhere and always wants to play. In the picture on the right is Reio.

Well that's all for today. I'll be back later with more posts. Today I go to a host family luncheon and a baseball game with my family. Tomorrow I head off to Asahiyama Zoo, the biggest zoo in Hokkaido. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures.

Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment