Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The End of the Journey

Well everyone, the four month journey has come to a close. I am now safely back home in America with my family.

Sunday (Japan time) I got up at 5:00 and had a final quick breakfast with my host family. Then we loaded up the car with my luggage and I said goodbye to the cats before my host family drove me to the airport. At the airport we met up with some others, Mal, Eric, Bethany, Michelle and Daniel. We all checked in our luggage and then it was time for me to say goodbye to my host family. We all hugged and said our last goodbyes to each other. It was pretty sad, I am going to miss my host family a lot. They were a lot of fun and my Okaasan and I did a lot together and had a lot of fun.

At 7:50 the plane left Chitose Airport and I said goodbye to Sapporo. This flight took us to Narita Airport in Japan. There we went through security before I said goodbye to Eric and Michelle, they were taking different flights. The rest of us went to the flight deck to catch our 11:20 flight to Chicago. This flight was about 11 hours. It wasn't too bad though, we got two meals and I watched a bunch of movies including Inception and Ooku, a Japanese movie.



We arrived at the Chicago airport Tuesday morning (Chicago time). We had to re-check our luggage and then go through customs. We had about a four hour lay over so Mal, Bethany and I just hung out by the flight gate and had some lunch. I also called my family and texted some friends. Eventually it was time to fly and we boarded the plane home. We got in around 4:15. I then went out and found my Mom, Dad, and brother waiting for me. It was nice to see them after four months. We talked and I told them all about my trip. We got my luggage and said goodbye to my friends before we drove home.

It is great to be home, but I definitely miss Japan, a lot. I had a great four months in Sapporo. I made many new friends who I will miss hanging out with and my host family I will miss seeing everyday. But I know that this won't be goodbye forever. I plan to go back to Japan someday and I will be sure to make a return trip to Sapporo. I also have some Japanese friends who really want to come to America, especially the East Coast. I really look forward to them coming here.

The past four months have been a great experience that I will never forget. My friends and host family were amazing and made me feel at home. I will greatly miss Sapporo and everyone there. Like I said I am sure I will see everyone again. This journey may be over, but I am sure more are to come.

Thanks for reading and following me the last four months. It was a great time and I am glad I was able to share it with you.

Thanks again,

Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment