Wednesday, November 10, 2010

White lovers and soup curry

Hello! I am back!

So the weekend that I was saying I didn't have any serious plans wound up being very busy and a lot of fun.

On Friday, after school we had an Ikebana demonstration. Ikebana, if you remember, is the Japanese style of flower arrangement. You get a bowl of water with a small spiked pad that you sick flowers, branches, and leaves into. It isn't very difficult to do, the difficult thing is to make it look good. For my Ikebana I had to use these sticks with these puff ball things, flowers, and some leaves. I think mine turned out pretty good at the end.

So after Ikebana a couple of friends and I went out to a restaurant for soup curry and then went to karaoke for a  little while. It was a lot of fun and for soup curry I increased my spice level to level 7, the highest of our group. It was pretty spicy, but really good. 

Saturday became what everyone called a "Steve Event." That was because it was my idea and I had to go through all of the fun of organizing it and figuring out how all wanted to go. So we wound up going to 白い恋人パーク-->しろいこいびとパーク-->shiroi koi bito paku -->white lovers park. Shiroi koi bito is a famous chocolate that is made in Sapporo. We went to the Park which was like an old fashioned town with small houses and mechanical people. There was also a bunch of museums that we went to that should the history of the company, how the chocolate is made, and other neat things. We also got to see the factory and the people making chocolate which was pretty neat. It was basically like Chocolate World at Hershey Park, only bigger and better.



There was also a point were all of the mechanical people in the town came alive and started dancing and singing. A ton of bubbles were also released, it was pretty cool and a lot of fun.

After enjoying the park we all went to a near by field and played frisbee for a while. It was a great time and everyone had a blast playing. We all were exhausted afterwards.

Once we were all tired of playing frisbee a lot of people went home. But Me, Daiki, Euna, Yosuke, and Charlotte were hungry so we went to Sapporo station to eat Ramen. The place Daiki took us was this huge floor of only ramen shops. It basically look like an old fashioned town where the shops only sold ramen. I don't know how you chose which one to eat at, but some how we did. The ramen was really good and I was stuffed afterwards.



Sunday of course involved eating even more food. Mal, Euna, and I were invited to go over to my friend Daiki's house. Yatsu also came as well as Daiki's friend, Gaku. At Daiki's house we played some Japanese PS3 games and also watched some movies. Then it was time to cook. Today Daiki was going to teach us how to make soup curry. We have all come to really like soup curry so being able to finally figure out how to make it was great. It doesn't seem to hard to make, but it does take a while to cook everything. You put a ton of vegetables in the soup, you have to cook the meat, and you also have to make the soup as well as adding the amount of spice you prefer. It turned out very good and was delicious. We had a great time making the soup curry and hanging out at Daiki's house. I got to meet his mother, father, and younger brother as well which was nice. We probably stayed at his house for about 6 hours. We had a lot of fun.

Monday was back to school where I had three hours of Japanese followed by three hours of Japanese culture. Then it was back home where I ate regular curry for dinner. Too much curry is never a bad thing I guess. I forgot to mention earlier that on Saturday my Okaasan left for Taiwan with some friends for a trip. She came back Tuesday afternoon. So it was just me, Otoosan, and Daisuke at home over the weekend.

On Tuesday I had school again, but after school it was time to celebrate Yatsu's 20th birthday. We went to a Chinese Food tabehoudai, all you can eat. It was a surprise party so Mal, Euna, and I, 5 of the Korean international students, and 8 of Yatsu's other friends all got to the restaurant early to surprise him as Daiki brought him to the restaurant. It was a lot of fun. I got Yatsu some of the chocolate from the Shiroikoibito park. The Chinese food was also very good, but we ate so much. We had to do stretches at one point so we could eat more. The people that we sat with, Yatsu's friends, were a lot of fun. Yatsu seemed to have a great time and was a little embarrassed.

After the party some people went off to karaoke. But I could not go. Instead I went home to welcome Okaasan back home. She told me all about her trip and showed me pictures. She also brought me souvenirs which was really nice. She got me a stuffed animal pig, and a fan that has my name painted on it.

Today is Wednesday, my day off. It is unfortunately raining today so I can't really do much. But I do have a conversation exam that I can study for at some point today.

Well that is all for today.

Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment